Perspective graphic design students have many things to consider before selecting a school. One of the most important factors to potential graphic design students is to find an accredited educational institution that offers programs in graphic design. There are thirty-three graphic design schools in Texas, and five of them are located in San Antonio. Here are the accredited schools in San Antonio that offer courses in graphic design:
• Abilene Christian University
• Hardin-Simmons University
• San Antonio College
• The Art Institute of San Antonio
• The International Academy of Design and Technology San Antonio
List of Graphic Design Schools in San Antonio
Graphic Design Certification in San Antonio, Texas
Although graphic designers do not need a certification or license in Texas, it is important to earn a certificate or degree from an accredited educational institution. The accredited colleges in San Antonio offer associate and bachelor degree programs in applied science and fine art with majors in graphic design. A degree can be a great way to demonstrate abilities and training experience to employers.
Salaries for Graphic Design Jobs in San Antonio, Texas
Graphic designers salaries can vary based on a number of factors such as experience, training, and education. Graphic designers who fall in the 50th percentile range make an annual salary of $39,950. The graphic designers who fall in the top 90th percentile category earned an estimated annual salary of $74,590. The graphic designers who are in the 10th percentile category earned a yearly salary of $21,900.
List of Graphic Design Programs in San Antonio, Texas
For those interested in studying graphic design in San Antonio, here are the various programs offered by the accredited educational institutions in San Antonio:
• Abilene Christian University offers a bachelor degree of fine art with a major in graphic design.
• Hardin-Simmons University offers a bachelor degree of fine arts with a major in graphic design.
• San Antonio College offers an associate degree in applied science with a major in graphic design.
• The Art Institute of San Antonio offers an associate degree in applied science with a major in graphic design.
• The International Academy of Design and Technology offers an associate degree of applied science with a major in graphic design and a bachelor degree of fine arts in graphic design.
The importance of finding a reputable and accredited school are imperative for graphic designers. Students who study graphic design are increasing their chances of having successful and promising careers.